Shaggy Set To Release New Album Summer In Kingston

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

shaggyalbum.jpg
Grammy-award winning, multi-platinum reggae star Shaggy is back with Summer In Kingston, out July 19, 2011. The lead single Sugarcane has already impacted the reggae world and has been in the Top 10 on the iTunes reggae chart for weeks. Shaggy has three songs there, including his smash hits "It Wasn't Me" and "Angel," which are mainstays on the chart.

As a summer time special, Summer In Kingston will be available at all digital retailers for USD $2.99 for a limited time. In addition, Shaggy will perform Sugarcane on July 26 on the Lopez Tonight show, which airs at 12:00am EST on TBS.

Summer In Kingston finds Shaggy sporting his original up-tempo reggae/dancehall style with tracks such as "Sugarcane" and "Fired Up (F**k the Rece$$ion)." He also teams up with reggae's rising stars on a few tracks. On "Feeling Alive," Shaggy collaborates with dancehall star Assassin AKA Agent Sasco, and on "Just Another Girl," award-winning artist Tarrus Riley lends his touch. Also, on "Soldiers Story," Shaggy recalls his time as a marine in Iraq as a young man. With lyrics displaying emotions of fear, loss and loneliness, Shaggy vividly recounts the personal experience.

A reggae mainstay for over twenty years, Shaggy has sold over 20 million albums, including six #1 albums (Boombastic, Midnite Lover, Hotshot, Lucky Day, Clothes Drop, Intoxication and Boombastic Collection), six #1 singles ("Boombastic," "In The Summertime," "Angel," "It Wasn't Me," "Church Heathen" and "Bonafide Girl"). "It Wasn't Me" and "Angel" still hold the #3 and #4 spots on the iTunes Reggae song chart, and those plus "Sugarcane" and "Luv Me, Luv Me," are currently on the Reggae Top 25 chart. He won a Grammy for Boombastic and received three additional nominations, along with AMA and Juno nods. Shaggy has continued touring throughout, and has reached millions of fans with his energetic and captivating live performances.