Jalena Release New Single 1 Night Stand

• Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

jalena_image.jpg
Caribbean songbird Jalena makes a splash with the new video for her provocative hit single, "1 Night Stand." The song was officially released on Jalena's Bad Reputation album, back in May 2012. It is the third full-length studio effort from this eclectic singer and songwriter from Tortola, British Virgin Islands, who effortlessly blends R&B and pop with reggae undertones, giving fans a taste of her diverse island heritage and fusion sound.

1 Night Stand has tongues wagging with its suggestive title, and tackles a subject Jalena felt needed to be addressed. "I wrote this song because it's a topic that hasn't really been broached upon from a female perspective," she reveals. "I can certainly relate to it and it was surprising to see how many other women also share similar experiences. It was a fun song to do."

The track showcases Jalena's range and talent, lacing her sultry vocals over an easy-breezy island pop rhythm, which was produced by Platinum Sellers Beats. The "1 Night Stand" video was shot on location in Tortola and is directed by Gabriel A. Stephen, with the song's writer, Jalena, at the helm of its tantalizing concept. "We wanted to capture the vibe of the song," Jalena discloses. "I wanted the video to depict this delicate experience from my perspective, so I can hopefully add to an international dialog for ladies everywhere."

Hitting the musical scene since 2005, Jalena initially started out singing soca music, but has evolved over the years in her artistry, resulting in her reggae, pop and R&B blend. She is influenced by the likes of Shirley Bassey, Diana King, Patra, Pink and Jah Cure, and her music certainly reflects that melting pot and presents the global audience with a unique island-meets-international sound.

1 Night Stand is now available on the Bad Reputation album from iTunes and all major digital retailers worldwide.

Follow Jalena's
www.facebook.com/JalenaMiko
www.twitter.com/JalenaRocks.

Please direct all management and booking inquires to Sebastian Miko at jalenamusic@gmail.com.