Album Release

Album Release
  • Sorry but DHRWorld.com site is down. I am working on it I will be using the backup site Jatune.com in the mean time

I-Octane will release his debut album Crying To The Nation on Feb 14, 2012. The 16-track opus is a joint venture deal with reggae powerhouse VP Records and Scikron, which is owned and operated by Robert Livingston, former long-time manager of multi-platinum artist Shaggy. On I-Octane's first full-length LP, he will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. I-Octane has already proven himself as a powerful lyricist and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. I-Octane’s “Puff It,” which is featured on Crying To The Nation, is chosen as one of National Public Radio's Top 5 Dancehall Tracks for 2011. NPR's Baz Dreisinger describes I-Octane as...
VP Records and Scikron are proud to announce the release of I-Octane’s debut album, ‘Crying To The Nation,’ available January 31, 2012. As one of the most-talked about artists emerging from Jamaica, I-Octane’s first full-length LP will reinvigorate the feeling of roots and dancehall at its purest. He has already proven himself as a lyricist with rapid-fire delivery, and unveils his uncanny ability to sing romantic ballads and socially aware tunes on this traditional reggae album. ‘Crying To The Nation’ puts I-Octane in a class of his own as one of the next generation’s leaders of the conscious dancehall movement. Following in a similar vein of his predecessors Sizzla, Capleton and Buju Banton, his lyrics express sentiments of faith...
Mavado and Canadian born rapper Drake are set to put their chemistry to the ultimate test and create an album together. Since canceling his contract with VP Records, Mavado returned to the United States and signed with DJ Khaled, since signing with Khaled there are a number of collaboration requests coming in from several rappers.
marie-claire, Nelly Stharre, Bob Andy and Ayeola George at Studio 38 Not since penning songs for Marcia Griffiths 20 years ago has Keith ‘Bob Andy’ Anderson written a full original song for another artist. The Legendary Reggae Singer/songwriter met Dominican opera singer marie-claire at Studio38 the night of July 25th 2010. He told her that very night that he would write her a song. Fast forward a year and three months later, the song “Constellation”is recorded and available for your listening pleasure. Marie-claire's rich vocals, along with the haunting base line and the steady reggae organriffs combine with his simple yet stoic lyrics to form what will one day joinhis other works as a classic. “CONSTELLATION” Written by...
I Wayne, one of the top conscious roots reggae artists of this generation, is back with Life Teachings, his long-overdue album on VP Records, due October 11. With simplicity and grace, I Wayne’s angelic-tinged vocals flutter effortlessly across these 14 tracks filled with hair-raising lyrics and uncompromising conviction. The intricately-crafted album features organic rhythms rife with rugged basslines and one-drop drumbeats, produced mostly by Patrick Z. Henry, who is responsible for 11 of the album's songs and I-Wayne's breakthrough hit "Can't Satisfy Her." On Life Teachings, I Wayne rejects materialism (“Wise and Fearless”), predicts the imminent downfall of Babylon (“Burn Down Sodom”), rails against the violence associated with...
The Medley commenced by Rseenal Echoing his message to the people of world to DREAM BIG let the power of your mind manifest your visions into reality, self actualize & never let the Dream-killers obstruct you from your goals.. followed by Arofat's HEART CRY a cry of redemption for the suffering of all the less fortunate people of this world. The medley then transitioned into showing Mr Glamarus making claim of the riches & blessings from JAH & the Universe with his powerful a word sounds of "RICH NOW" followed up by The Great Naptali reverberating Repatriation to "Mama Africa" with a heart felt tune MAMA AFRICA the land of the Blacks making mention to Jamaica's first National Hero Marcus Mosiah Garvey reiterating his sentiment of...
Veteran international reggae singer Jimmy Cliff is back with a new EP, set to be release in November, which is his singles for his new studio album set to launch in early 2012. Jimmy Cliff teamed up with producer Tim Armstrong a lifelong admirer of his work and a known for his influence on reggae music and cultural impact. The unlikely pairing of producer Tim Armstrong and Jimmy Cliff has produced songs deeply rooted in the reggae tradition with their own renewed feel.
VP Records is proud to announce the double-disc collection, We Remember Gregory Isaacs, available August 16, 2011. Saxophonist and producer Dean Fraser has assembled an all-star cast of contemporay singers and musicians to pay homage to the icon, who The New York Times describes as “the most exquisite vocalist in reggae.” This week there will be a special live set dedicated to Isaacs at Reggae Sumfest 2011 (the most popular reggae festival held annually in Jamaica). The show will feature live cover performances by legendary and new artists as they celebrate Isaacs' life and music. "When my friend Gregory passed away last year, I wanted to express my appreciation for our musical association and love for him as a close friend. We’d...
With six albums under his belt and over one million collectively sold in Europe, the German platinum and award-winning singer Gentleman is long overdue for his U.S. debut. Diversity, set for release on Sept 13, 2011 on VP Records, charted at #1 in Germany as well as #2 in Switzerland and Austria and is the follow-up to his Europe platinum-selling record Confidence. Gentleman is currently touring Europe in support of the album and plans to embark on a U.S. tour beginning in mid-October throughout the Midwest and West. Details and dates will be announced shortly. On Diversity, Gentleman stays true to his first musical love - roots reggae - and teams up with top Jamaican recording artists, including reggae lyricist and singer Tanya...
Grammy-award winning, multi-platinum reggae star Shaggy is back with Summer In Kingston, out July 19, 2011. The lead single Sugarcane has already impacted the reggae world and has been in the Top 10 on the iTunes reggae chart for weeks. Shaggy has three songs there, including his smash hits "It Wasn't Me" and "Angel," which are mainstays on the chart. As a summer time special, Summer In Kingston will be available at all digital retailers for USD $2.99 for a limited time. In addition, Shaggy will perform Sugarcane on July 26 on the Lopez Tonight show, which airs at 12:00am EST on TBS. Summer In Kingston finds Shaggy sporting his original up-tempo reggae/dancehall style with tracks such as "Sugarcane" and "Fired Up (F**k the...
Grammy Award winner Buju Banton and International Reggae artist Delly Ranx have teamed up for Thunder Roll. The Pure Music Production track was recorded while Buju Banton was released on bail and awaiting trial. Since Delly and Buju are close friends it was a natural collaboration and as Delly said it's always nice when friends team up and make a great song. The song being so personal, Delly Ranx decided to give a portion of all proceeds to Buju Banton's commissary and encourages fans and music supporters to join him and give. Thunder Roll will be available on all major digital outlets such as amazon and itunes. It will featured on Delly Ranx's upcoming EP One Away Soldier. On the title track Delly Ranx sings mi nah go be nuh wicked...
Internationally acclaimed Jamaican producer Donovan "Don Corleon" Bennett unleashes his highly anticipated dub album aptly titled Dub In HD, on June 21, 2011, on his very own label, Don Corleon Records. Internationally-known and critically acclaimed for his work with pop stars such as Sean Paul, Rihanna and Keyshia Cole on Billboard chart-topping singles, as well as the who's who in reggae and dancehall today, from Vybz Kartel to J Boog, Bennett is credited with keeping reggae music contemporary and on a competitive edge in the global music industry. Bennett's vested efforts in keeping reggae on the musical forefront brings him full circle to dub, a subgenre of reggae that emerged in the 60's and primarily consists of instrumental...
Hard at work with his solo debut Album Al Third "On Top Of The World" has hit the airwaves and is already being played on mainstream radio around the world. The infectious song produced by Young Veterans is, as Al calls it and "Alternative reggae" feel, although his styles and influences includes pop, rock and R&B, it is the music of the island that resides in his heart. Al began performing professionally in 2004 after forming the group One Third (hence the name Al Third). After successfully winning the Digicel Rising Stars with competition in 2006 with One Third, Al Third Became recognized as a great singer after lending is voice and co-writing verses and hooks for the songs “take my breath away”, “candle light”, “baby Boo” "Feel...
VP Records sees the release of the year's biggest Reggae and Dancehall hits with Reggae Gold 2011, in stores and online on June 28, 2011. The Reggae Gold series continues to keep VP Records at the forefront of Reggae music, for 19 years now. This best-selling collection is renowned for featuring the biggest Reggae and Dancehall anthems of the year and blazing hot artists while breaking new ones to Reggae aficionados around the globe. Reggae Gold 2011 lives up to this standard, showcasing the hottest acts of the year and featuring the sweet sounds of Billboard heat-seeker Gyptian, Grammy-winning singer/producer Stephen Marley, international icon Shaggy, the legendary Mykal Rose, Dancehall King Shabba Ranks, Reggae stars Tarrus Riley...
Get ready to jump and wave to the sounds of the Caribbean with the latest installment in the award-winning franchise series Soca Gold 2011, scheduled for release from VP Records on June 14, 2011. Packing tropical heat for the summer, Soca Gold 2011 is the definitive Soca collection featuring artists from throughout the Caribbean and spreading the sounds of carnival to the rest of the world, year round. This year's compilation has the latest sizzlers from the trailblazers of the genre and is a collection Soca fans traditionally turn to each year to get their fill on the hottest Soca tunes. "This is the 15th anniversary for the Soca Gold franchise," reveals Edwin Howell, executive producer and A&R of the project. "It's the most...
The 'King of Calypso' music, Slinger Francisco aka The Mighty Sparrow aka Doctor Bird, is an extraordinary entertainer who utilizes the medium he masters not just to entertain but also to edify, enlighten, and educate. On May 17, 2011, 17 North Parade/VP Records sees the release of the ultimate collection of classics from this Caribbean icon with his Soca Anthology, aptly titled DOCTOR BIRD. The Mighty Sparrow has proven himself as the quintessential calypsonian with over seventy (70) albums to his credit. An incredibly talented entertainer, he possesses an amazing ability not only to put into works and tempo the exploits of society, but to crown it all with showmanship and appeal. His great contribution to the art form of calypso...
Dutch reggae artist Ziggi Recado returns with his second Greensleeves/VP Records album, scheduled for release on June 7, 2011. The self-titled studio effort showcases 14 new songs, penned and mostly produced by the Holland-based artist. Recado hails from St. Eustatius, an island near St. Maarten in the West Indies, and grew up in Holland. Now heralded as the Netherlands' #1 reggae act, he has recorded and toured with numerous Jamaican and European artists and has thus amassed a solid fan base over the years. His diverse background flavors his music with sprinkles of hip-hop, rock, dub-step and other influences that blend into a roots reggae fusion. Already an accomplished artist, Recado was the winner of the 2009 Zilveren Harp...
Alberto “Alborosie” D’Ascola is back with 2 Times Revolution, a brand-new collection of hits from the Italian-born, Jamaican-based multi-faceted musician, scheduled for release from VP Records on June 21, 2011. Using music to express his rebel within, Alborosie serves up 16 tracks composed with his favored socially conscious lyrics and delivered in his trademark Jamaican-tinged vocals. 2 Times Revolution profiles Alborosie in a lyrical battle with music as his ministry. “I love myself and I respect myself,” he reveals. “I also love people and I respect them too. That is the root of my message and so that is what I push in my music all the while.” Beyond the realm of being a talented singer and songwriter, Alborosie also plays most of...
Jamaican reggae dancehall artist Daniel “Chino” McGregor sees the release of his debut album, Chino, on May 24, 2011 on the VP Records imprint. The highly-anticipated studio effort from one of reggae’s dynasties, Chino being the son of reggae icon Freddie McGregor and brother of acclaimed producer Stephen “Di Genius” McGregor, composes a new formula in reggae and dancehall music. A fusion of reggae, dancehall, pop, alternative rock, world and other global influences connect for 15 tracks of potential classics for the budding star. With Stephen McGregor at the helm of production for the entire album recorded at their family-owned Big Ship studio, Chino houses already popular anthems such as “From Mawnin’ (Never Change),” “Pon Your...
VP Records unleashes the hottest dancehall tracks to blaze the airwaves from the genre's top shottas on RAGGA RAGGA RAGGA 2011, dropping on March 29, 2011. This trend-setting compilation is known for breaking the latest tracks and featuring the biggest names currently in dancehall, and is a definitive compilation for fans on the cutting edge of this genre. Featuring red-hot hits from the dancehall's biggest hit makers including Gyptian, Vybz Kartel , Buju Banton, I-Octane , Mavado, Di Genius, Chino, Spice, Elephant Man, Bounty Killer and more, RAGGA RAGGA RAGGA 2011 is bound to satisfy the appetite of any dancehall aficionado. Showcasing new anthems such as "Cake Soap" by Kartel, the sultry "Gal We Want" from Gyptian, Buju...